1. After that, Madame Curie did one experiment after ___.
A. one B. other
C. another D. the other
2. You can find a tower at ___ end of the bridge.
A. both B. every
C. either D. any
3. Have you got any books on the computer? I’d like to borrow.
A. them B. some
C. it D. those
4. The most interesting books are not necessarily ___ with a lot of pictures.
A. these B. the ones
C. them D. that
5. The population of China is larger than ___ of any country.
A. one B. the one
C. that D. it
6. People used to think that heavy objects always fell faster than light ___.
A. ones B. the ones
C. these D. those
7. Is this story as funny as ___ you read yesterday?
A. that one B. one
C. the one D. it
8. It’s ___, not you, who wants more.
A. me B. him
C. he D. I
9. ___ of them will accept your idea because it is not reasonable.
A. Nobody B. No one
C. Everyone D. None
10. ___ is good at French.
A. My either children B. Either of my children
C. Either my children D. My either of children
11. I hope there are enough glasses for each guest to have ___.
A. it B. those
C. them D. one
12. -----When shall we meet again?
-----Make it ___ day you like, it’s all the same to me.
A. one B. any
C. another D. some
13. Tom’s mother kept telling him he should work harder, but ___ didn’t help.
A. he B. she
C. it D. which
14 ----- Is ___ here?
----- No, Bob and Tim asked for leave.
A. everybody B. somebody
C. anybody D. nobody
15. Sarah has read lots of stories by American writers. Now she would like to read ___ stories by writers from ___ countries.
A. some; any B. some; other
C. other; some D. other; other
16. In one single year, rats eat 40 to 50 times ___ weight.
A. its B. their
C. ones D. of
17. The family never agree about ___ shares of the property.
A. her B. its
C. their D. his
18. I was disappointed with the film. I had expected ___ to be much better.
A. one B. this
C. that D. it
19. There’re so many kinds of computers on sale that I can’t make up my mind ___ to buy.
A. what B. where
C. how D. which
20. Saying something is one thing while doing it is ___.
A. other B. the other
C. others D. another